Our goal is to restore your optimal health and to help you make lifestyle adjustments that become enjoyable habits for life. Tomorrow's goals can only be attained by what we have accomplished today.
Cardiac and Pulmonary Rehabilitation services are designed to help patients with cardiac and pulmonary disease cope with their illness and live the best quality of life they possibly can. The program offers a medically trained and registered nurse certified in Advanced Cardiac Life Support to supervise exercise with ECG monitoring and oxygen saturation monitoring.
The Cardiac and Pulmonary Rehabilitation department is open on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 7:00 AM to 4:00 PM, with flexible scheduling to meet our patient’s best needs.
Our Cardiac/Pulmonary Rehabilitation program is available to any patients. If you have undergone surgery or treatment at another medical facility, your cardiologist or pulmonologist can refer you back to Adams Memorial Hospital for rehabilitation.
You will be placed in a rehab program that will include individual physical exercises based on your cardiovascular response and oxygenation level, education about your disease, and emotional support. Your physician will be consulted on matters concerning your care and treatment.
The Department has state of the art equipment including treadmills, upright and recumbent bikes, steppers, eliptical trainers, strength training, and indoor walking/running track.
The goals of Cardiac/Pulmonary Rehabilitation include the following:
- Improved heart and lung efficiency
- Increased work capacity
- Increased stamina and confidence
- Decreased risk of heart disease through risk
- Factor modification
- Faster return to work and to normal lifestyle
- Energy conservation
- Increased understanding of heart and lung
- Disease, its causes, management, and prevention - Improve ability to handle stress
- Improved self-esteem
The Cardiopulmonary Department has caring Therapists on staff daily to help you with your needs.
- EEG (Electroencephalography)
- EKG (Electrocardiography)
- Respiratory Therapy
- Home Oxygen Equipment
Provides inpatient and outpatient diagnostic services related to neurologic disorders for adolescent, adult and geriatric patients.
Provides a full range of services to infant, pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patients on both inpatient and outpatient basis. The department provides respiratory therapy in the intensive care unit, the general floor care areas, the emergency room, and the pulmonary function laboratory. Specific services provided include:
- Ventilator management
- Arterial blood gas puncture
- Administration of medications by aerosol and other routes
- Chest physiotherapy
- Continuous Overnight Pulse Oximetry
- Intubation and Extubation
- Incentive Spirometry
- Aerosol therapy
- Bedside therapy
- Artificial airway care
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- Bronchial hygiene
- Pulmonary function testing
- Bi-level ventilation
- Continuous nasal CPAP (Continuous Positive Airway Pressure)
- High Flow Oxygen Therapy
- 24 & 48 Hour Holter Monitors
- 30 Day Event Monitors
- EKG porvides inpatient & outpatient diagnostic EKGS, holter monitors & event monitors for infant, pediactric, adolescent, adult & geriatric patients.
\ (260)724-2145 x1537
Call for an appointment