At our outpatient clinic, nurses and staff provide a wide array of treatments to patients needing special ambulatory procedures such as IV therapy, injections, catheter maintenance, management of blood disorders, pain procedures, urinary catheter maintenance or specialty IV line maintenance. Our staff works extensively with patients who require IV therapy for hydration, antibiotics, iron treatments or electrolyte imbalances. Antibiotic therapy may be short or long term, lasting up to eight weeks.
As an example, patients may require daily, weekly or monthly IV medication administration that cannot be administered at home. The AMH Outpatient Clinic provides a wide range of services for the community, many of which offer convenience and save time by not requiring people to travel.
- IV antibiotic treatment
- IV steroid infusions (for MS, infections, asthma, COPD)
- Blood and blood produce transfusions
- IV therapy (hydration, antibiotics, iron, specific medications for chronic illnesses, osteopenia treatment)
- Specialty IV line maintenance – port/PICC line
- Pain injections (for migraines)
- Therapeutic phlebotomies (to treat an excess of red blood cells)
- Urinary catheter maintenance
- Injections (for diseases such as Crohn’s, colitis, COPD, anemia, iron deficiency anemia, kidney disease, low white blood cell count, hemochromatosis, osteoarthrosis, rheumatoid arthritis)
- Wound dressing changes, including wound vac
Ask your physician today for a referral to the Adams Memorial Hospital Outpatient Clinic, or call 260-724-2145, ext. 11206, to schedule an appointment.