The Family Birthing Center at Adams Memorial Hospital is ready and waiting to help you and your family have the most positive birth experience possible. We are proud of our excellent facilities and equipment and our experienced medical team.
OB Services & Amenities
- Labor/delivery/recovery/postpartum rooms allow all of your care to occur in the same room.
- We will assist you with birthing techniques, breathing and position changes if you desire an unmedicated, “natural” labor. We may recommend medications given intravenously or call on our excellent anesthesia staff to provide an epidural. You have choices.
- A nurse is always available to assist you and answer questions throughout your stay.
- An internationally board-certified lactation consultant is on staff as well to assist you with breastfeeding concerns. Please call if you have any questions after your stay.
- New moms and partners enjoy a “celebration meal” during their stay.
Childbirth Classes & Tours
Call for a tour of the Family Birthing Center anytime, or sign up for childbirth classes by calling 260-724-2145, ext. 12500.
Visitors are welcome. Everyone visiting babies should wash their hands prior to holding or touching the new baby. Please note that NO ONE with a fever or any symptoms of infection should visit with a new family. Visitors should wait in designated areas when asked to step out of a room. Adams Memorial Hospital reserves the right to limit visitors if necessary for quality care and the safety of our patients.
4 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Our Top Ten Promises For Your Safety
- Provide excellent care
- Support you and your family
- Help manage your pain
- Protect your privacy
- Educate you about caring for yourself and your baby at home
- Provide friendly and courteous support
- Listen to your opinions, concerns and questions, and provide answers
- Explain all tests and procedures
- Provide a safe environment for you and your baby
- Facilitate your discharge as efficiently as possible
- Women are strong, and we want to make the arrival of your bundle of joy a positive experience.
- Women are partners in their health care.
- Pregnancy and birth are normal, natural and healthy.
- Family support and involvement in both childbearing and child rearing are valuable.
- Birthing should be safe and satisfying.
- Communication and teaching help reduce apprehension.
- Our job is to support you every step of the way with our individualized care.